If you work in the Government acquisition world, this podcast is for you. (not just for Contracting Officers!) We’re here to help Government and Industry acquisition professionals understand more about how the other side thinks.
As in any market, the Government contracting world is full of scams. We spend a lot of time on this podcast discussing how complicated doing business with the Federal Government can seem to beginners. We know that there are many upstanding consultants and companies that help new entrants to the Government market get started. (and some are free like the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) and other Small Business Administration resources) There are also scam artists who misrepresent the complexity and costs and swindle aspiring Government contractors out of thousands of dollars.
In this episode Paul sits down with special guest Shelley Hall to clarify that it does not cost ANYTHING to register to do business with the Federal Government. In addition, Paul and Shelley discuss a range of free resources available to Industry to simplify the process of registering and submitting a bid.
- You don’t have to pay to register in the System for Award Management (SAM)
- You don’t have to pay to get a Dun and Bradstreet No. (DUNS)
- You don’t have to pay to get a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code
- You don’t have to pay to use Federal Business Opportunities (FBO)
- You don’t have to pay for a Taxpayer Information Number (TIN)
- You don’t have to pay to “get” a North American Industrial Classification System
- (NAICS) code
- You do not have to pay to get small business assistance
- You do not have to pay to get 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, or EDWOSB status
DON’T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE!
Kevin Jans and Paul Schauer created the Contracting Officer Podcast to help Government and Industry acquisition professionals understand more about how the other side thinks. Admittedly, the podcast’s name sounds very limiting. It is not just for contracting officers or even just for those in the contracting profession.