If you work in the Government acquisition world, this podcast is for you.
The Federal Government proposal writing and source selection process is full of myth and mystery for the Industry players writing the proposals and the Government employees (and support contractors) who are responsible for evaluating proposals and selecting a winner.
Kevin and Paul play Mythbusters and tackle five common proposal and source selection “myths” to root out misperceptions in the acquisition process.
Listen and Learn the truth behind these common myths:
1) “The evaluators already know what we can do. We don’t have to explain it.” (2:20)
2) “The small details don’t matter” (6:00)
3) “Proposals are good marketing tool” (11:18)
4) “The “shotgun” sales approach is an effective way to win business” (15:08)
5) “You can win work you first find on fedbizops.gov after the RFP is released” (17:08)